Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 1

First, I am so excited about all the positive responses and support I have received thus far. I have to be honest. There was a part of me that was really worried that this might be the cheesiest idea I've ever had, but now I'm totally pumped. 


So today I was brainstorming about what to do now. I decided that the obvious place to begin is with practice, practice, practice... But then I thought, practice what? I have a background in classical music so I would need to drag some of that old stuff from my memory, you know, to get the wheels turning again so to speak. But I don't want to just sing the classic stuff. I am very interested in exploring the whole jazz genre. I don't really have a lot of experience with this type of music but I did record a couple of jazz tracks like 7 years ago that turned out pretty good. Of course, all copies of that demo have disappeared from the face of the earth. My parents even lost their copy. Anyway, I have decided to pick 4 or 5 songs from both genres to practice. I will be posting those selections at a later date. 


Ok. The last part of this post was not planned, but I thought it would be a good addition. I spent some of the day singing random songs while the girls napped. Then I got the idea to record myself with my phone so I could listen to myself better. THEN I got the idea to post it on here. Soooo here it is. It is not that great(a few really pitchy moments and a cat in the background), but that is what this thing is all about. I can't improve or go anywhere if I am afraid of my imperfections. 


For your listening pleasure....

2 comments:

  1. Again, what an exquisite voice! You definitely have something going there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...BRAVO on your courage on posting this...and also on your positive attitude!! You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete