Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello Vodka, It's me, Leah

I am sitting in my living room, drinking a dirty martini, and feeling rather proud of myself right now. For the first time, in a long time, I feel as if I'm moving in the right direction. I am actually making REAL plans to start singing! I have learned to look at things with guarded optimism, and nothing is a sure thing right now, but I have a good feeling. Only time will tell... I'm planing on writing a more detailed post about everything at a later date, and hope to have a decent quality, i.e. not my iPhone, recording to put up soon too.  


Changing the subject, the hubs and I just went on our first vacay alone in FIVE years. I know, totally unacceptable, but when you have two kids under four... shit happens. It was so nice to remember what it felt like to be a young couple rather than just these two people trying to get through life and parenthood 
together. The importance of vacation should never be underestimated. 


I'm going to end this post with one of my favorite quotes, and seems to be especially apt right now. "The thing about life is that one day you'll be dead."  


1 comment:

  1. Great quote!
    Also - good for you for taking a vacation. And, I am excited to hear about your new singing plans. :D
    Good luck to you, girl!

    ReplyDelete